The History of SIGMETRICS
The following trivia questions were used in a SIGMETRICS Trivia Contest held at the ACM SIGMETRICS 2010 conference at Columbia University in New York. They are intended as a fun exercise to learn some SIGMETRICS history. Enjoy!
- When was our SIG first created?
- Who was the very first SIG Chair?
- Including 2010, how many SIGMETRICS conferences have been held?
- How many SIGMETRICS conferences have been held jointly with IFIP Performance?
- How many members does SIGMETRICS currently have?
- How many members did SIGMETRICS have in June 1997?
- In which month have the most SIGMETRICS conferences been held?
- Which city has hosted the most ACM SIGMETRICS conferences? How many?
- What three different names has our SIG had during its 39-year existence?
- What additional name change was considered, but never acted upon?
- Who has served most often as General Chair for SIGMETRICS conferences?
- Who holds the record for the most consecutive years of service as the SIGMETRICS newsletter (N/L) editor? How many years?
- What unusual event took place at the 1987 ACM SIGMETRICS conference?
- Who included the SIGMETRICS conference as part of his/her honeymoon in 2005?
- Who holds the record for the most accepted papers (authored or co-authored) in a single SIGMETRICS conference? Which year?
- Including 2010, how many SIGMETRICS conferences have had the banquet on a cruise boat? Which years?
- Who has attended the most consecutive SIGMETRICS conferences? How many?
- Who holds the record for driving his/her car to the SIGMETRICS conference in the most consecutive years? How many, and in which years?
- Who was the first person to achieve the career "hat trick" of having served roles as Program Chair, General Chair, and SIG Chair for SIGMETRICS? Who else has done it?
- Who holds the career record for the most award papers at ACM SIGMETRICS conferences? How many, and in which years?
Stumped? The answers are posted here now.